Friday, August 26, 2005

Last day for day golf

I played my last morning round of golf today. Shot okay for nine holes, not horrible, not great. Some nice saves for par, some stupid putts, too.

As long as school starts, and thus my work, I will now be relegated to the status of weekend golfer, and then usually not every weekend. And that is only until they close the courses up here in the North Woods of Wisconsin. Most close my the end of October, but the past couple of years have seen some people playing into December. I did that about three years ago, actually played 18 holes on my birthday and shot in the low 80s for the round.

I have to play to stay in golf shape, Some people can put away the clubs for several months and then come back and play the same as they did before. I can't. I have to play to maintain any semblance of my golf game, as meager as that may be.

***

This blog is a lot easier to maintain, I suppose, than my original journal site, but that is because this just automatically does the posting and I just do the typing here. I don't get to use ftp or html or much of that unless I really want to get into that stuff.

Maybe I should just transfer the stuff here?

No comments: