Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Some things from the DNC

These two posts were from the DNC site where I tend to get ripped for being an independent by some of the people there:

I'm getting tired of the apologists for the Democrats who claim that the passage of the "Protect America Act," the infamous S. 1927 that Feinstein and other supposed liberals voted for 60-28 is not "that bad." I've read the act. It is THAT BAD."

The ACLU pointed out several myths about the bill before it was rushed through Congress without any real debate. Please read their analysis here.

Perhaps one of their spokespersons said it best:

"Democrats were elected to stop a president who is out of control - not grease the wheels for further abuse. Hopefully it won't take the full six months to pass legislation that will protect American communications. With any luck, congressional leadership will grow a spine before then."

***

I also posted this cartoon:



Non Sequitor is becoming one of my favorite strips. For sheer nonsense, though, I still prefer B.C. and will always miss Johnny Hart. I am glad his family is continuing the strip.

***
This and other pieces also appear at the blog site of the Democratic Party. To read any comments that people have made about this brief essay, or to read other pieces please visit there.

No comments: