My heart still beating
Feels like Im cheating
Death another day
Heading this way
Anyway
We can do better than this
We can do better than this
We can do better we can do better
Better than this.
People dying in the streets
Who can tell me why
Guns in all these hands
Who can tell me why
It’s just another walk in the park
Coming to each day
Waking from the dark
Of night
When we fight the stark
Reality of fear
Why am I hear
What to cheer
As 139000 tears
Of families
Why do we freeze in place
About a mask in place on our face
In these times that we live in
We cannot start to give in
Only to find that we are giving
Freedoms up that we fought for
Freedoms bought and paid for
In blood and tears in these times
That seem like times before.
+++++
Take a walk in the park
It’s not dark
Anymore
There’s a break in the clouds
Sun’s shining through
And I’m still in love with you
The storm is still raging
But it’s passing too
Cus I’m still in love with you
These days are passing slowly
Feeling low
Feeling low down and dirty
Just feeling dirty
Like our country losing its heart and its soul
Wishing hoping praying
We find a way to come together
And be whole
Again
instead of laying down these blues.
They sailed from European lands
Seeking better lives.
They came with children all these
Husbands all these wives
Forgetting what they left behind
All thinking all the same
We can do better than this
We can do better than this
We can do better
We can do better
Better than this
+++++
Her name was Carol Rose
Carol Rose was her name
And all the girls I’ve known since then
They all seem just the same
But Carol Rose was the first
The one I thought I loved
But it was as they say
A passing fancy
From those old high school days.
I think there was a Patty
But the others I don’t even remember their names now
But yeah I think there was a Patty
Why I remember that and nothing else about her or how
We even met
But Carol Rose
Sat there all alone at a high school dance
I asked for the slow one and she said yes
Just lucky that one time I guess.
+++++
When the last warrior dies
But the battle still ain’t won
It’s time for others to reach down and
Pick up the sword and his ancient gun
And know that the time has come
A new fight has begun
+++++
Virus attack
Hurts my back
Still want to shack
Up with you
Glad that I did
It’s not a bid
Can’t put a lid
On my love for you
House mouse louse souse
Arouse browse
Croud loud browed cloud endowed
Rhyme time lime grime dime slime
Why am i trying to rhyme have I so little time to waste
Or should that be so much time to waste?
+++++
These times these times
How hard they may be
For old and young and frail
Those more so than me
+++++
When the last warrior is gone
But the battle still ain’t won
Will someone come along
To take up the sword and gun
There’s got to be another way.
Will they find the words to say
We can do better than this
We can do better than this
We can do better
We can do better
Better than this.
+++++
My heart still beating
Feels like Im cheating
Death another day
Heading this way
Anyway
We can do better than this
We can do better than this
We can do better we can do better
Better than this.
People dying in the streets
Who can tell me why
Guns in all these hands
Who can tell me why
It’s just another walk in the park
Coming to each day
Waking from the dark
Of night
When we fight the stark
Reality of fear
Why am I hear
What to cheer
As 139000 tears
Of families
Why do we freeze in place
About a mask in place on our face
In these times that we live in
We cannot start to give in
Only to find that we are giving
Freedoms up that we fought for
Freedoms bought and paid for
In blood and tears in these times
That seem like times before.
+++++
Take a walk in the park
It’s not dark
Anymore
There’s a break in the clouds
Sun’s shining through
And I’m still in love with you
The storm is still raging
But it’s passing too
Cus I’m still in love with you
These days are passing slowly
Feeling low
Feeling low down and dirty
Just feeling dirty
Like our country losing its heart and its soul
Wishing hoping praying
We find a way to come together
And be whole
Again
instead of laying down these blues.
They sailed from European lands
Seeking better lives.
They came with children all these
Husbands all these wives
Forgetting what they left behind
All thinking all the same
We can do better than this
We can do better than this
We can do better
We can do better
Better than this
+++++
Her name was Carol Rose
Carol Rose was her name
And all the girls I’ve known since then
They all seem just the same
But Carol Rose was the first
The one I thought I loved
But it was as they say
A passing fancy
From those old high school days.
I think there was a Patty
But the others I don’t even remember their names now
But yeah I think there was a Patty
Why I remember that and nothing else about her or how
We even met
But Carol Rose
Sat there all alone at a high school dance
I asked for the slow one and she said yes
Just lucky that one time I guess.
+++++
When the last warrior dies
But the battle still ain’t won
It’s time for others to reach down and
Pick up the sword and his ancient gun
And know that the time has come
A new fight has begun
+++++
Virus attack
Hurts my back
Still want to shack
Up with you
Glad that I did
It’s not a bid
Can’t put a lid
On my love for you
House mouse louse souse
Arouse browse
Croud loud browed cloud endowed
Rhyme time lime grime dime slime
Why am i trying to rhyme have I so little time to waste
Or should that be so much time to waste?
+++++
These times these times
How hard they may be
For old and young and frail
Those more so than me
+++++
When the last warrior is gone
But the battle still ain’t won
Will someone come along
To take up the sword and gun
There’s got to be another way.
Will they find the words to say
We can do better than this
We can do better than this
We can do better
We can do better
Better than this.
No comments:
Post a Comment