Tuesday, March 07, 2023

Here's a Blog about the Florida Governor

Ron DeSantis has a friend in the Florida state legislature. State legislator Jason Brodeur introduced a bill that states: 

“If a blogger posts to a blog about an elected state officer and receives, or will receive, compensation for that post, the blogger must register” with the appropriate state office.

You can read the entire power grab bill here. 

One can hope that, like so many of the other bills introduced by Brodeur, it just dies before even getting considered.

So here's a question, Ronnie. Exactly what the fuck does that even mean? 

This is a blog. It says it right up there in the URL address. Since I'm writing this, it means I am a blogger, and since I mention you, the current governor of Florida, right away, and indeed directly address you in this paragraph, I guess this blog post is about you.

Further, I have applied to the Google Overlords, also know as AdSense, so I fully expect to be compensated. It probably won't be a lot, but it will be something. Every little bit helps in having enough money to live in this crazy world.

So, I'm going to write about you, Ronnie, and I'll probably say some critical things about you because so much of what you are doing to the state of Florida is so worthy of criticism. So, Ronnie, this is a blog. So, Ronnie, I will get compensated.

Does this mean I have to register with the appropriate state office? Since when does Florida have a Violate the Constitution Office? How do I contact them? More specifically, how do I contact them to say, "Go Fuck Yourself."

No need to answer, Ronnie. I'm not going to register. You know that what you're doing in just autocratic bullshit, don't you? I know you're nothing but a puny whiney ass doofus who doesn't care about the people of your state. 

If you don't want me or anybody else to write about you, here are some things you can do:

  • Stop lying 
  • Stop trying to suppress voting in your state
  • Pass sensible gun laws
  • Stop banning books
  • Stop saying that there's a woke mob.
  • Be part of the woke mob and do the right thing for a change
  • Don't promote abortion laws that hinder a woman's choice.
  • Stop asking schools for private medical information whether it's about transgender stuff, menstruation cycles, or any other violation of HIPAA regulations.

There are probably a lot more things you can do to stop me and other bloggers to stop blogging about you, but until then, I'll stop in here every so often and say something about you, and I won't register with any agency about it. Hopefully, I'll  make a little money. Until then, I'll just leave this here. Dear reader, feel free to print out to throw darts at it.





No comments: