Saturday, October 01, 2011

Boston Loses, Worst Collapse in Baseball History?

Most sports pundits picked the Boston Red Sox to win it all this year. They made some trades and spent a lot of money on free agency. They had a lot of good players including an MVP and a Cy Young winner. Still that pool of talent failed to even make the playoffs.

I am a Cub fan. I know disappointment. The 1969 debacle, the failure to win a single game in San Diego after going up 2 games in 1984, being five outs away from the Series, not winning a single playoff game after having the best record in the N, going 0-6 in their last two playoff appearance.

But the Red Sox collapse was worse than all of that. The only thing that rivals it is the Phillies losing a 6.5 game lead with just 12 to go in 1960.

Toure from MSNBC took great pleasure from the Boston failure.

Note: I orginally linked Toure from the MSNBC site. Neither he nor Dylan Ratigan appear on MSNBC anymore. I don't know why.

No comments: