Halloween - three days until the election.
Biden is still up in almost all polls, some beyond the margin of error. Most Democrats still remember that Clinton was also up at this point in 2016. She lost. No one is gloating or overly optimistic.
I have no idea who will win and any prediction I make is fruitless. Nate Silverman’s 538 group says it's likely Biden and Democrats controlling both chambers of Congress.
-----
The Judiciary Act of 1869 established the current nine seats of the Supreme Court. At the time, the judicial system in the country consisted of nine judicial circuits. Prior to this the number of Supreme Court Justices changed six times, before settling on the current number.
The Evarts Act of 1891 expanded the circuits to twelve. There are currently 13 circuit courts.
In short, over time, the court system has changed and the number of Supreme Court justices has also changed.
Congress has the ability to change how the courts are run and how many judges may be necessary.
I have no problem with expanding the court to match the number of circuits.
-----
Cool October air, brisk as the leaves that crunch beneath my feet as I walk the lonely tracks of commuter trains.
That has absolutely nothing to do with three days before an election. Just wanted to remember the image and sounds I saw this morning.
-----
My wife is listening to a recording of the Wankmaggot at a recent rally. Other than his usual nonsense and lies, he sounds very tired.


No comments:
Post a Comment