Monday, November 02, 2020

All You Fascists Bound to Lose - Prove Woody Right

 

All Souls day - Election Eve.


Your are the home I didn't know I needed

When I thought being alone

Was what I meant but didn't say

When I find what I may lack

There is always a way back

----

I don’t get a lot of views on this page, not that I expected to get many even when I started this. Blogs are passé now, I suppose. I think all the “influencers” on the internet use twitter, instagram and tick tock. I don’t understand that whole tick tock thing. I think more people are doing podcasts, too. I’m sticking with words and my poor typing skills.

The views I get are mostly from the United States. Sometimes I get some people in Canada and England, excuse me, the United Kingdom. The odd views are the single views from places like Somalia, Kenya, and Russia. I suspect that the people in Somalia and Kenya are looking to start sending me messages from some prince that wants to give me money. I’d like to think that there is that one person in Russia who is honestly interested in what I have to say, but given the news of how much they are interfering in our elections, I suspect that they probably have more nefarious intentions.

So, if you are that one person in Russia reading this, leave me the hell alone. I’m just an old fucker saying what I want to say. Just like other Americans.

-----

Pete Seeger quote:

​"Participation, it's the only thing that's gonna save the human race."

If you can't march or phone bank or donate, you can call or write or email your senators and representatives. They probably won't listen much, but you can still tell them how you feel.

Or you can vote.

Pete's banjo had these words written on it:
"This machine surrounds hate and forces it to surrender"




Woody Guthrie quote:

"The note of hope is the only note that can help us or save us from falling to the bottom of the heap of evolution, because, largely, about all a human being is, anyway, is just a hoping machine"

Woody's guitar read: This machine kills fascists.

A lot of people think we are in dangerous times in our country. I think so, too. Biden is right. This election is about the soul of our nation and what we decide tomorrow will determine the direction we go for a long time.

If we don't like the direction it takes, then we will have to do what we think is best for ourselves and our families. We just might have to be the machine ourselves.

Tomorrow is election day. We should all be singing Woody's words:

Vote dammit. Just vote. Prove Woody right.




No comments: