Friday, July 13, 2007

Obama gets cheered in Detroit

Obama drew cheers at the NAACP convention in Detroit as stated in this AP report: Link

But I found this part of the story troubling:

After the forum, Fox News microphones picked up Clinton and Edwards discussing their desire to limit future joint appearances to exclude some rivals lower in the crowded field. "We should try to have a more serious and a smaller group," Edwards said.

Clinton agreed. "We've got to cut the number. ... They're not serious," she said, then thanked Obama and Ohio Rep. Dennis Kucinich as they walked by. Turning back to Edwards, she added that she thought their campaigns had already tried to limit the debates and "we've gotta get back to it."


I say the more options out there for voters to choose from, the better. I want to hear Kucinich and Gravel and all the rest, not the arrogant, canned pabulum of the top.

***

This also appears at the blog site of the Democratic Party. To read any comments that people have made about this brief essay please read it there.

No comments: